Dark Glass Ponderings

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. -1 Corinthians 13:12

Lisa Buffaloe is a wife, mother, writer, and Lyme disease advocate who shares what the Lord is showing her at Lisa Buffaloe's Blog.










  1. Thank you so much for being here.  Could you tell us a little about how you got started blogging?
Hi Julia, thank you for having me!

My Website and blog were established soon after I returned from my first writer conference. To be honest I wasn’t sure what would happen, but I did know I wanted to tell others about God’s love.

  1. What is your purpose in blogging?
 My blogs center on God and His goodness. I love sharing how He truly is a God of grace, healing, and restoration.

  1. What are your favorite parts of blogging?
I love to talk about our amazing God. The bonus that comes with blogging is all the wonderful friends I have made from around the globe.  It’s so cool how God connects people.

  1. Do you have a story about how you have gained encouragement while blogging?
The neat thing about blogging is how God helps you grow as a writer and a Christian. The more I seek to learn from God, the more I have to share. And the more I share, the more others respond to what God reveals in their lives.  “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)

  1. Can you share with us any special features you have on your blog and why you decided to offer them?
I started a series called, Ordinary People Awesome God. I think sometimes as Christians we get overwhelmed thinking we have to be like Billy Graham, Mother Teresa, or Beth Moore, not realizing who we are is who God wants to use. And when we are obedient, God has a way of taking ordinary people and using them in awesome ways.

  1. Is there anything you’ve learned along the way about your relationship with God while blogging?
Without Him, I have nothing to say or write that is worthwhile. God is continually working on me to trust Him in all areas, and that includes my blogging and writing. The more transparent I am about what God has done in my life, and is doing, the more my blogs seem to touch my readers. Plus, by sharing how God has healed and restored the painful things that happened in my past, I can continue to shine the light on His love and goodness.

  1. Can you share any Scriptures that have encouraged you in your writing?
I try to keep most of my blogs and other writings, simple and easy to understand based on Habakkuk 2:2, “Then the LORD replied: ‘Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.’”

 8. Can you recommend ways that we as bloggers can minister to our readers?

Each one of us is uniquely created and has something to share with the world. Don’t try to blog like someone else, blog like you. I love that my friends are so different—some see humor in most situations, others are pensive. Each facet of their personality reveals God’s creativity. And when we tell others what God has done and is doing in our lives, we point to God’s healing, restoration, power, might, wonder, and grace.

9. Is there anything else you would like to share?

When someone visits your blog and leaves a message, thank them. Obviously, someone like Beth Moore and Max Lucado wouldn’t have the time to thank each person. But make an attempt to know your readers and pray for them. The blessings are abundant when you give freely.


11 comments:

Loved this interview too, Julia! Lisa's journey in blogging is amazing and I loved the series, Ordinary People Awesome God, that she started. It was very motivating!

Mollydedwards AT yahoo DOT com

Hmm, echo Molly, loved reading this! I loved what you said Lisa about letting God work through us. Ordinary people, amazing God, So VERY TRUE!! So glad Julia spotlighted you, wishing you the very best. :)

Lisa, you always say what I need to hear:) In person or on the page/web! Thanks for being such a LIGHT! You are a blessing. And thank you, Julia, for having this wonderful week!

Lisa, I stopped by to visit your blog and read your brief bio. Reading your story reminded me of a quote I read about broken bread in God's hands being used to feed many. You certainly seem to have proved that to be true with your blog!

@ Molly, I love her series about Ordinary People, Extraordinary God, too. I love learning about those who are not as well-known who are serving Him faithfully.

@Casey, I'm finding all these ladies' insights so helpful for my writing journey. Now I have read them over and over and God shows something different each time.

@Laura, Thanks for stopping by! Isn't God so good that way. I find the same thing. I'll miss Lisa's blog for weeks and then low and behold her topic is exactly what I need to hear for that day.

@Renee, I'm so glad to have connected with you through the blogs. You share some beautiful insights :)

I happen to be a fan of Lisa,
and am so glad to see her here
Julia. I read her daily and am always
encouraged by her wisdom and her
humble dedication to folks in need
of a boost and prayer. Thank you
and God Bless you for having her!
POppaK

I love your heart, Lisa. And I agree that blogging can be a great ministry. I often visit blogs when I need a word of encouragement or a special unexpected hug from God. I have had blogs reduce me to tears--in a good way--and make me laugh when I needed it most. Thanks for letting God's love flow through you and spill on us. :)

@ Poppa, You're right, Lisa is one of many bloggers God uses to speak to us. What a great reminder that I need to pray for those who read the blog.

@Jen, I so agree. I don't know if you read my intro post to this series...but I am wanting to show how each of us can be used to encourage others through our blogs.

What a fabulous interview!! Lisa, thank you so much for agreeing to be interviewed : D

I'm definitely going to go check out your blog! I love the concept of Ordinary People Awesome God! I want to check this out for myself : )

See you soon on your blog! Thanks so much!
Hannah
hccelie[at]gmail[dot]com

Thank you for such a great interview, Lisa and Julia! :D

Your series idea sounds great, Lisa, and I love how you encourage bloggers to be unique in what they write--"Don't try to blog like someone else, blog like you." Wonderful encouragement! It's amazing to think that God has created each person on this earth to be unique and to serve a unique purpose. :)

~Amber

stokes[dot]a[at]suddenlink[dot]net

Thank you, Molly, Casey, Laura, Renee, PoppaK, Jen, Hannah, Amber, and Julia! Thank you all. We have a wonderful God and you are all part of His blessings!


Julia M. Reffner

About Me

My photo
Christ-loving bookworm & homeschool mom of 2 stealing the rare quiet moments to pursue that all elusive writing dream. I also write book reviews for Title Trakk and The Historical Novel Society.

Followers

Contributor at The Writer's Alley:

http://bookblogs.ning.com/main/embeddable/list#

FeedBurner FeedCount

counter