Dark Glass Ponderings

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. -1 Corinthians 13:12

Hi, did I get your attention?  I hope so.

I've been thinking about this blog a fair amount over the last few months.  I've decided to change the way I do blogging a bit.

Over at The Writers Alley I post every other Tuesday with what I'm learning about the writing craft.  And I'm still over at Title Trakk sharing my reviews on a semi-regular basis.  I love writing about craft and I love reviewing books.

I'm sure you'll find a bit about my writing journey here and the occasional book review.  However, instead of reviewing books for tours and such, I would like to share some of my favorites with you. 

But mainly when I started this blog I was looking for a place of reflection.  To share what I'm learning on my journey, not because my journey is special but exactly because its not.  In hopes that our footsteps can meet at the end of this life maze.  In hopes that God may use words to refresh our parched souls together.  Because I thirst.  I thirst for Him and I hope we can meet at the well to gulp living water together. 

So you may find more devotional type posts here in the coming months.  Possibly written in poetry because sometimes my soul doesn't know how to form together the word structure so the words flow line by line. 

I hope in the comments you will feel free to share prayer requests and praises so that this blog can become a safe community where we lift up each other.

Between now and August 8th to honor my most faithful reader, my mother, on her birthday I would like to give away a $15 Amazon gift card.

Be sure to leave your email address in this form:

whoever (at) wherever (dot) com

Thank you to all those who have made contact and wondered how I was doing and hoped I was going to continue blogging.  It means a lot to me and know that you are a blessing in my life.

Oh, and the first commenter gets an extra entry!

17 comments:

I wish I could remind myself to do more personal and devotional type posts. Hopefully with a planner I can plan something. *wink*

cherryblossommj(at)gmail(dot).com

Being as busy as you are on two other blogs, I like your idea! Happy Birthday to your mom! Wish I could get me mom to read.

desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

What a wonderful idea! I like the direction your taking and I'm glad to see you back Julia!

Happy birthday to your mother. :)

It's always good to change things up :)

pinkdaddysgirl[at]msn[dot]com

Love what you decided on Julia! You do those posts very well. :) Excited to see where this takes you!!

You've got my email. ;-)

Julia,

So glad that you'll be back on your blog, but I totally understand why you took a break. :o) I look forward to your new format, and a big happy birthday to your mom!

Christy
southernsassythings at gmail dot com

Oh, Julia, so good to have you back!! :)

I love your idea, and I hope to do more devotional type posts once school starts again, as well. Thank you for your great example and for reminding us of where our priorities should be! It's a reminder that I especially need now.

And happy birthday to you mother! My dad's birthday was yesterday and my mom's birthday is Sunday, so we've got a lot to celebrate here, too. :)

~Amber

stokes[dot]a[at]suddenlink[dot]net

I'm glad you're still at your own blog, Julia! It's comforting to find my online friends at their special places and read what they have to share. You make the bloggy community a richer place by your presence. Many blessings!

I think this is a very sweet way to honor your mother.
I like that you're changing the blog to suit your style and feelings. Good luck! I can't wait to read more!!

reginahott at gmail.com

That sounds like a great change. Happy b-day to your mom!

hewella1 at gmail dot com

Happy Birthday to your mother!!

I've often wondered about how you were doing. I'm so glad to see you back and I'm excited about the changes you've made.

"...A safe community where we lift up each other..."

That is just awesome! :)

Oooh... I just noticed I got an extra entry. Sweet. :)

ah, i'm looking forward to these posts to come! i think writing from the heart--especially about what God's doing in your heart--is some of the most powerful writing there is. and happy b-day to your momma!

carmen
atlantagalknows -at- gmail.com

This comment has been removed by the author.

Loving your blog. :)

Would love to host a giveaway.

http://www.iamawomanofgod.com/virtuous-by-design-tee
Christian Tees

It's good to change things up once in awhile.
jlynettes (at) hotmail (dot) com

Hi! I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can understand taking a break. Things are so hectic for me right now with family coming to my (outrageously cluttered) house plus birthday party for daughter plus back to school shopping plus volunteer work plus I can't stop reading yadda, yadda. I don't expect to resume blogging until after labor day.


Julia M. Reffner

About Me

My photo
Christ-loving bookworm & homeschool mom of 2 stealing the rare quiet moments to pursue that all elusive writing dream. I also write book reviews for Title Trakk and The Historical Novel Society.

Followers

Contributor at The Writer's Alley:

http://bookblogs.ning.com/main/embeddable/list#

FeedBurner FeedCount

counter