Dark Glass Ponderings

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. -1 Corinthians 13:12

Here are my favorite links from the past week or so.

19th Century Historical Tidbits is the ideal blog if you're looking to do some research or just love things of the past.   Author Lynn Coleman includes everything from recipes to home remedies to just plain fun facts (I just learned that the tallest man of modern times was Austrian Winklemeier at 8'9".

Learning Curve is a site I've found in the last few days that has some fantastic homeschool ideas I plan to implement.  Right now she is doing a state unit study, travelling around the U.S. vicariously through books and food.

Motherhood is...thankless? and The Role of Literature in the Life of a Christian are two recent posts I've enjoyed at Heart of the Matter Online.

Also on motherhood, here's a beautiful post from Robin on How to Become a Kinder, Gentler Mother.



1 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the link back to Learning Curve! We're diving headlong into Massachusetts this week!


Julia M. Reffner

About Me

My photo
Christ-loving bookworm & homeschool mom of 2 stealing the rare quiet moments to pursue that all elusive writing dream. I also write book reviews for Title Trakk and The Historical Novel Society.

Followers

Contributor at The Writer's Alley:

http://bookblogs.ning.com/main/embeddable/list#

FeedBurner FeedCount

counter