Dark Glass Ponderings

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. -1 Corinthians 13:12

Its not that I sit down and have trouble thinking of ideas, I just can't seem to keep up with the rapid sucession of events, things I've been thinking about. 

I'm thankful that God's plans are not always my plans...thankful that I can't always make sense of the timing.  Last Thanksgiving God sent us on a little trust journey about buying our house. 

Last year we spent nearly the whole year house searching.  We went through hurdle after hurdle and reached the point where we literally didn't know where we would be in a week.  We sold our house...and waited.

Our house deal came through mere minutes before the twelfth hour.  And yet we could not have picked a more perfect house for us.  Located a mere 7 minutes from Chris' work we have had HOURS, yes HOURS more together each day.  Hours to take walks and talk as the kids ride in the strollers.  Hours to read books aloud together and with the kids.  Time to sit by the fire snuggled up as a family.

Then he brought us the blessing of homeschooling.  As fall began, Elizabeth hated homeschool.  She was bored, not challenged enough by some things, and frustrated by others.  I really struggled with getting my routine together.  I'm so glad that God shows us which direction to go.  For the last 5 weeks we have been LOVING hoomeschool.  Homeschooling is a taking up a huge chunk of my time and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Then...there's the way he has worked in my writing life.  When I felt a gentle nudge to begin writing again last March...I had no idea where it would lead.

For all of you I have met online I am so thankful.  Everything in my writing life that has borne fruit has truly not been of my doing.   In His timing the Lord provided me with the right opportunities, connected me with people who have blessed and enriched my life.  What a blessing it was to meet several bloggers last week.  What a great reminder that the Lord cares about every detail.  He has provided the right people to critique my writing...at the right times. An opportunity, encouragement, correction...all of these He provides in His time.

How has the Lord provided for you this year, in the details of life?

5 comments:

Hi Julia,

Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving with your family!

God has continued to provide for my kids in the area of education. We've had them in a Christian school that we would never be able to afford without scholarships or financial aid. Every year, He pulls through with the exactly right amount.

I love that God is our True North! I had to look that up and think about what it meant. The definition talks about how you have to work and make some adjustments to find true north; it's not just the easy way with the compass. So waiting on God when it wasn't easy brought you the perfect house. And pushing through some difficult days brought you joy in homeschooling. Your testimony is a blessing! . . . God has provided for me in all ways. Yet still at times I fear and worry. (Sigh) I have to be home more now with my mom, so finding Christian friends online has meant much. God provided before I even felt a need. He's sweet like that, isn't He?

Hello Julia! I just wanted to let you know I have a blog award for you, you can pick up here:

http://enjoyingthewritingcraft.blogspot.com/2010/11/winner-book-news-and-blog-award.html

Have a great weekend!:)

Renee Ann,

I struggle with worry too at times. One thing that seems to help me a lot is blasting the praise music. My husband has James Earl Jones reading the King James New Testament and we like to listen to that when we are stuggling with panic.

God is so good. I'm so glad he is providing you with that outlet. I'm sure it must be exhausting being a caretaker at times (many times, I'm sure). Keeping you in prayer today.

Julia

Thanks so much, casey! Hope the bead-making is going well :)


Julia M. Reffner

About Me

My photo
Christ-loving bookworm & homeschool mom of 2 stealing the rare quiet moments to pursue that all elusive writing dream. I also write book reviews for Title Trakk and The Historical Novel Society.

Followers

Contributor at The Writer's Alley:

http://bookblogs.ning.com/main/embeddable/list#

FeedBurner FeedCount

counter